Semonkong Lodge Semonkong, Semonkong, Lesotho
Welcome to raw Africa! The mighty Maletsunyane Falls, one of the highest single dropping waterfalls in Africa, creates a haze of smoke as the water plummets 186 metres into a spectacular gorge. It is from this smoke that Semonkong – The Place of Smoke – gets its name. THE longest commercial abseil in the world! Adrenaline junkies: drop 204m (670 ft) into the famous haze of smoke created by the waterfall. This is THE longest commercially operated single-drop abseil in the world as stated by Guinness World Records. Pony treks or Hiking Trails Discover Lesotho on the back of the sure footed Basotho pony from one hour to six day treks ... The same treks may be hiked too! Fauna See the unique alpine fauna of Lesotho from bearded vulture’s to bald ibis colonies ... 4X4 Trips This is 4x4 country, from guided leisurely day drive’s to extreme technical tracks ... Flora Aloe Polyphylla, fields of Red hot Pokers, are some of the amazing variety of plant life in our area. ACCOMMODATION The mood of Africa The accommodation, built of stone and thatch, offers just the right balance of rustic elegance; electricity and hot showers. We have a fully licensed bar & restaurant with a daily choice of menu with options for vegetarians. Should there be any special dietary requirements, we would appreciate knowing this in advance. There is also a communal self-catering kitchen. All prices are inclusive of a 14% VAT. LSL = Lesotho Loti The following rooms are available: 5 x Standard Twin-bedded rooms 2 x Twin-bedded rooms with fireplace 5 x Double bed room with fireplace 1 x 3 Bedded Standard room (1 x double bed + 1 x single bed) 1 x 4 Bedded Standard room (1 x 2 bunk bed + 2 x single beds) 2 x 4 Bedded rooms with fireplace (1 x double bed + 2 x single beds) Thaba Tséhla Bunkhouse: There are 2 ensuite rondavels, each with their own fireplace. TT21 sleeps 8 and TT22 sleeps 6, both dormitory style. The dormitory costs LSL130.00 per person sharing per night. Linen is provided but please bring your own towels. We have a fully licensed bar & restaurant. There is always a choice of menu with options for vegetarians. Should there be any special dietary requirements, we would appreciate knowing this in advance. Please note meal prices are subject to change without prior notification. There is a communal kitchen should you prefer to self-cater.
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||USD 0||USD 0||USD 0|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 2 Twin bedded room, 5 Twin Bedroom, 5 Bedroom, 4 Guest Rooms
- Bathrooms : 16 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Full bath with each bedroom
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable , Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, Zoo
- Decoration : Stunning Beauty, according to the area.
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
- Transportation : Available for rent
- Beddings : 5 Double Bed, 7 Twin Bed, 4 Queen Bed, 1 Single Bed, 7 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 20 min, Beach : Near Beach, Railway : 10 min, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport Available, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions :
Wheels in the hills
The lodge offers a 2 hour 4x4 drive at LSL200.00 per person. Should you have your own vehicle then a basic map and directions are available at reception, a guide can be arranged to accompany you in your own vehicle to assist with directions.
Phororo Viewpoint â€“ 2 leisurely hours return
TÅ¡enkeng â€“ 3 hours return
Ketane - +-6 hours return
Ha Seng - +- 4 hours
Full Day Drives ... with opportunity to camp (own camping equipment needed).
Senqunyane â€“ tough to extreme
Thaba NtÅ¡o/ Senqunyane â€“ 4x4 essential
Mountain biking ... Not only some of the best scenery for mountain bikes but also a huge variety of off-road routes. When it comes to mountain biking, Semonkong caters for both the novice and the experienced. With everything from gravel roads, 4 x 4 tracks to endless single-track paths, which meander into the distant mountains. Relative fitness is required as with an altitude of 2200m the strain on your mind and body is soon noticed or felt! Own bicycles are required.
Other Views :
Rock Climbing & Fishing
Hands on with nature
Rock climbing ... Semonkong offers an indefinite number of rock climbs from the easy to the extremely severe. The gorge is lined with shear cliffs of basalt, from 10m to 200m. Traditional and sport routes,and guides can be hired to accompany you. Bring own climbing shoes.
Excellent fishing ... Brown trout were last stocked in the river above the Maletsunyane waterfall in the early 1970â€™s. These fish can grow up to 3kg in size. Below the waterfall the river has Rainbow trout. ONLY FLY-FISHING IS PERMITTED and a policy of releasing as many fish as possible must be adhered to. The trout season is closed from the month of May through September.
walk to the bottom of the waterfall to fish...
do the trout fishing trek, which takes you downstream to generally un-fished sections of the river...
fish the river section above the waterfall to below the hydropower station weir...
Yellow fish can be caught in the Senqunyane River so do the pony trek or a 4 x 4 trip into this beautiful gorge.
This is not a hatchery - the fish have to be caught!
There are no trout about the hydropower station weir, the endangered Red Finned Minnow has also been re-introduced in the upper reaches of the Maletsunyane River and are thriving.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Your kids will love this place
- Semonkong, Semonkong, Lesotho
- Available For Pack A & B
Lesotho Holiday Rentals, Lesotho Accommodations, Lesotho Hotels, Lesotho Villas, Lesotho Bed and Breakfasts, Lesotho Beach Rentals, Lesotho Vacation Rentals, Lesotho Holiday Deals, Lesotho Self Catering, Lesotho HHoliday Rentals , Semonkong Holiday Rentals, Semonkong Accommodations, Semonkong Hotels, Semonkong Villas, Semonkong Bed and Breakfasts, Semonkong Beach Rentals, Semonkong Vacation Rentals, Semonkong Holiday Deals, Semonkong Self Catering, Semonkong HHoliday Rentals , Semonkong Holiday Rentals, Semonkong Accommodations, Semonkong Hotels, Semonkong Villas, Semonkong Bed and Breakfasts, Semonkong Beach Rentals, Semonkong Vacation Rentals, Semonkong Holiday Deals, Semonkong Self Catering, Semonkong HHoliday Rentals ,