Amankora- Amankora Punakha Punakha, Punakha, Bhutan
Amankora Punakha Eight suites, located in three rammed-earth dwellings, are situated in an orange orchard with views across the rice fields and back up the Punakha Valley. The suites are identical to the design of the suites at Amankora Paro, featuring wood panelled interiors, a traditional bukhari, king-size bed, terrazzo-clad bath, shower and vanities, and day bed. Suites are individually heated during the cooler winter months and air-conditioned in the summer months. Combining the Sanskrit word for ‘peace’ with kora or ‘circular pilgrimage’ in Dzongkha, the Bhutanese language, Amankora is a series of lodges across the central and western valleys of Bhutan. The sole surviving Himalayan Buddhist Kingdom, Bhutan is located between the Tibetan Plateau and India, making it one of the most remote and pristine environments on earth. Descending from 7,000-metre high peaks in the north to the low-lying plains of the south, Bhutan’s rivers have forged deep valleys separated by high mountain passes. Historically isolated, each valley’s scenic beauty and topography affords visitors an opportunity for unique journeys of discovery between them. To best experience all that Bhutan has to offer, Amankora can tailor journeys that include a combination of its lodges located in the valleys of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Gangtey and Bumthang. the resort The richness of life is found in the still simplicity surrounding the remarkably unscathed geophysical and biological existence in Bhutan today. Due to a sincere Buddhist belief, adhered to since the 7th century, the co-existence of nature and nurture has resulted in a unique eco-system and a thriving mosaic of different peoples all linked by a common belief system that regards all life forms as sacred. This prevailing ethos washes the staggeringly beautiful undulating valleys, plains, deep gorges, and mountainous landscape with a force of supreme greatness; that of genuine harmony and environmental compatibility. To this astonishing effect, Amankora has created a series of lodges, all creatively unique and sympathetically balanced to their environment, in order to discover and comprehend the extraordinary wonders above and beneath this treasured land. The lodges are created to provide a circular pilgrimage in Bhutan’s breathtakingly spectacular central and western valleys. Most journeys start at Amankora Paro or Amankora Thimphu. The lodge in Paro is nestled among glistening conifers in a 24-suite pine forest retreat. Amankora Thimphu, raised up in a blue-pine forest of the Motithang area, sits close to the capital’s intriguing sights and traditional shops. Amankora Punakha is set in sparkling verdancy east of the Dochu La Pass and just north of the resplendent Punakha Dzong. Amankora Gangtey, set in the remote wilderness of the Phobjikha valley, proffers magical views across the bird-strewn gorge and to the empowering Gangtey Goemba, a 16th century monastery. Amankora Bumthang rests adjacent to First and Second King’s palace, Wangdichholing, within the town of Jakar in the Choekhor valley, a valley sprinkled with an exotic mix of sloping pine forests, apple orchards, and restful fields of farm produce.
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||USD 0||USD 0||USD 0|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Lake, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 8 Room
- Bathrooms : 8 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Full Bath
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable , Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Ski, River Front, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Skiing, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, River Rafting, Zoo
- Decoration : The suites are identical to the design of the suites at Amankora Paro, featuring wood panelled interiors, a traditional bukhari, king-size bed, terrazzo-clad bath, shower and vanities, and day bed.
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
- Transportation : Available for rent
- Beddings : 2 Double Bed, 1 Twin Bed, 4 Queen Bed, 2 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : Near By, Beach : Beach Front, Railway : Near By, Ski : Available, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport Available, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions :
From traditional bamboo bows to advanced Olympic compound bows, archery is Bhutanâ€™s national sport. Tutors in the art of archery are available as is practice with a traditional bow.
Bhutanâ€™s rivers are teeming with trout in large part because fish is not a traditional part of the Bhutanese diet. Originally introduced to Bhutan by an officer of the British military, a day spent in the river valleys wetting the lines offers anglers an opportunity to enjoy the pristine surroundings while enticing their wily quarries. Equipment, guides and licenses can be arranged with advance notice.
Bhutanâ€™s 9-hole golf course is located in the heart of Thimphu, 2,800m above sea level, with a majestic backdrop of the capitalâ€™s administrative Tashichoe Dzong. Tee times can be arranged by Amankora.
From September until May white-water rafting is possible in the Punakha Valley. During the earlier part of the season, trips provide an exhilarating ride through the deep river valleys. Later on in the season, the pace is more leisurely with an opportunity to admire the passing wildlife, farms, small villages and occasional dzong.
- Other Views : Situated in an orange orchard with views across the rice fields and back up the Punakha Valley
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Very Child Friendly
- Punakha, Punakha, Bhutan
- Available For Pack A & B
Bhutan Holiday Rentals, Bhutan Accommodations, Bhutan Hotels, Bhutan Villas, Bhutan Bed and Breakfasts, Bhutan Beach Rentals, Bhutan Vacation Rentals, Bhutan Holiday Deals, Bhutan Self Catering, Bhutan HHoliday Rentals , Punakha Holiday Rentals, Punakha Accommodations, Punakha Hotels, Punakha Villas, Punakha Bed and Breakfasts, Punakha Beach Rentals, Punakha Vacation Rentals, Punakha Holiday Deals, Punakha Self Catering, Punakha HHoliday Rentals , Punakha Holiday Rentals, Punakha Accommodations, Punakha Hotels, Punakha Villas, Punakha Bed and Breakfasts, Punakha Beach Rentals, Punakha Vacation Rentals, Punakha Holiday Deals, Punakha Self Catering, Punakha HHoliday Rentals ,