Amankora- amankora thimphu Thimphu, Thimphu, Bhutan
- Guest House
Amankora Thimphu Two dwellings house a total of 16 suites, featuring a combined living and bedroom that includes a king-size bed, a reading chair and a window banquette providing views across a landscaped courtyard or directly onto the nearby stream and pine forest. Room interiors feature combined wood panel and chocolate brown walls. The traditional bukhari is positioned between the bedroom and the bathroom. The spacious bathroom opens from the bedroom and provides a terrazzo-clad bath that enjoys a view through a vertical slot window. A shower, toilet and twin vanities and hanging space complete the bathroom. The suites are individually heated during the cold winter months. Combining the Sanskrit word for ‘peace’ with kora or ‘circular pilgrimage’ in Dzongkha, the Bhutanese language, Amankora is a series of lodges across the central and western valleys of Bhutan. The sole surviving Himalayan Buddhist Kingdom, Bhutan is located between the Tibetan Plateau and India, making it one of the most remote and pristine environments on earth. Descending from 7,000-metre high peaks in the north to the low-lying plains of the south, Bhutan’s rivers have forged deep valleys separated by high mountain passes. Historically isolated, each valley’s scenic beauty and topography affords visitors an opportunity for unique journeys of discovery between them. To best experience all that Bhutan has to offer, Amankora can tailor journeys that include a combination of its lodges located in the valleys of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Gangtey and Bumthang. the resort The richness of life is found in the still simplicity surrounding the remarkably unscathed geophysical and biological existence in Bhutan today. Due to a sincere Buddhist belief, adhered to since the 7th century, the co-existence of nature and nurture has resulted in a unique eco-system and a thriving mosaic of different peoples all linked by a common belief system that regards all life forms as sacred. This prevailing ethos washes the staggeringly beautiful undulating valleys, plains, deep gorges, and mountainous landscape with a force of supreme greatness; that of genuine harmony and environmental compatibility. To this astonishing effect, Amankora has created a series of lodges, all creatively unique and sympathetically balanced to their environment, in order to discover and comprehend the extraordinary wonders above and beneath this treasured land. The lodges are created to provide a circular pilgrimage in Bhutan’s breathtakingly spectacular central and western valleys. Most journeys start at Amankora Paro or Amankora Thimphu. The lodge in Paro is nestled among glistening conifers in a 24-suite pine forest retreat. Amankora Thimphu, raised up in a blue-pine forest of the Motithang area, sits close to the capital’s intriguing sights and traditional shops. Amankora Punakha is set in sparkling verdancy east of the Dochu La Pass and just north of the resplendent Punakha Dzong. Amankora Gangtey, set in the remote wilderness of the Phobjikha valley, proffers magical views across the bird-strewn gorge and to the empowering Gangtey Goemba, a 16th century monastery. Amankora Bumthang rests adjacent to First and Second King’s palace, Wangdichholing, within the town of Jakar in the Choekhor valley, a valley sprinkled with an exotic mix of sloping pine forests, apple orchards, and restful fields of farm produce.
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||USD 0||USD 0||USD 0|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Lake, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 16 Suite
- Bathrooms : 10 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : The spacious bathroom opens from the bedroom and provides a terrazzo-clad bath that enjoys a view through a vertical slot window. A shower, toilet and twin vanities and hanging space complete the bathroom.
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable , Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Ski, River Front, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Skiing, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, River Rafting, Zoo
- Decoration : Room interiors feature combined wood panel and chocolate brown walls.
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
- Transportation : Available
- Beddings : 4 Double Bed, 1 Twin Bed, 4 Queen Bed, 1 Single Bed, 5 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : TV, VCR, DVD, Satellite TV, Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : Near By, Beach : Near Beah, Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport Available, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions :
Amankoraâ€™s spiritual pilgrimage offers guests both a humbling and enriching experience.
For a safe pilgrimage through the Kingdom, receive a blessing and light Yak-butter lamps in the secluded Wangditse Lhakhang (temple). Take time to reflect in the tranquility of the ancient altar room.
Visit Cheri Goemba, the first monastery established in Bhutan, and absorb the vibrant spiritual energy of the Goembaâ€™s altar room through reflection or meditation.
At the 7th century temple of Kyichu Lhakhang, have a long life blessing and Buddhist name bestowed.
For further insight into Buddhism and the spirituality of the Bhutanese people, visit the National Museum, Paro Dzong and Dumtse Llakhang
- Other Views : Embark on Amankora's six- or seven-night Poppy Treks this summer and witness colourful and photogenic displays of red, white and pink poppies that bloom on the high mountain passes of the Buddhist Kingdom of Bhutan.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Very Child friendly
- Thimphu, Thimphu, Bhutan
- Available For Pack A & B
Bhutan Holiday Rentals, Bhutan Accommodations, Bhutan Hotels, Bhutan Villas, Bhutan Bed and Breakfasts, Bhutan Beach Rentals, Bhutan Vacation Rentals, Bhutan Holiday Deals, Bhutan Self Catering, Bhutan HHoliday Rentals , Thimphu Holiday Rentals, Thimphu Accommodations, Thimphu Hotels, Thimphu Villas, Thimphu Bed and Breakfasts, Thimphu Beach Rentals, Thimphu Vacation Rentals, Thimphu Holiday Deals, Thimphu Self Catering, Thimphu HHoliday Rentals , Thimphu Holiday Rentals, Thimphu Accommodations, Thimphu Hotels, Thimphu Villas, Thimphu Bed and Breakfasts, Thimphu Beach Rentals, Thimphu Vacation Rentals, Thimphu Holiday Deals, Thimphu Self Catering, Thimphu HHoliday Rentals ,