Finca Son Jorbo Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain
As the owners of Finca Son Jorbo, we have tried to create the sort of place where we would like to stay. We believe that we offer more than just a bed and breakfast. Rather than having only a bedroom, our 4 stylish apartment suites each have a bedroom, a sitting room, a bathroom, a kitchen and a private terrace, giving you plenty of space to make yourself at home.
Finca Son Jorbo is a traditional 17th century Mallorcan house in a rural location with views over the local countryside. The house and gardens offer a peaceful and informal place for grown-ups to unwind and relax without children.
Our central location enables you to get to almost anywhere in Mallorca within 1 hour, making it the ideal base from which to explore the whole island.
We look forward to welcoming you and hope that you enjoy Finca Son Jorbo as much as we do.
The pool and surrounding terrace with loungers and parasols are in full sun all day and the sofa under the gazebo offers welcome shade. We also provide pool towels.
There are never more than 8 people at the pool and unlike so many hotels, you will often find that you have the place to yourself.
Garden and Terraces
Should you need to escape the sun for a while there are quiet spots with comfy seating around the grounds or under the terraces that offer more shade.
The reception hall with its old stone walls ensures there is somewhere cool at any time of day and in the well stocked library there are books for all tastes plus a selection of board games and a self-service bar. If you can’t escape the rat-race, there is a computer with free internet access and free WiFi available in the main house.
Finca Son Jorbo gives you more than most bed and breakfasts. All the apartment suites have a separate bedroom, sitting room, shower room, kitchen and private terrace so there is plenty of room to spread out. Each one is designed in a different style, blending the rustic charms of a traditional Mallorcan country house with the comforts of contemporary living.
Your private terrace is an ideal place to relax with a glass of wine and enjoy the views of the countryside. The sitting rooms have comfortable sofas and flat screen TVs with a range of international channels. All the bedrooms have air conditioning which ensures a comfortable night’s sleep even at the hottest times. For winter holidays, the central heating makes the apartment a cosy place to return to after a day out. The kitchens are fully equipped so you can rustle up a light lunch, prepare a full evening meal, make the occasional cup of tea or just use the fridge to keep the wine cool. In the shower room you will find luxury toiletries, fluffy towels, waffle robes, slippers and a hairdryer.
Because Finca Son Jorbo is also our home, we are always on hand to give advice and local information and we will do everything we can to make sure your stay with us is as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. With space for just 8 guests, Finca Son Jorbo feels more like a private home than a hotel.
Contact to the owner.
|1||Low season: 7 January - 31 March 2011||EUR 1102||EUR 0||EUR 0|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 5 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 4 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Ensuite
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable, Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, Zoo
- Decoration : Very Nicely Decorated
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
Car hire is essential if you are staying at Finca Son Jorbo. There are many car hire companies on the island and a search on the internet will produce lots of choices. Beware that many companies charge you for a full tank of petrol at inflated prices and tell you to bring it back empty, however unless you are here for more than a week or plan to do a lot of driving then you may find it difficult to use it all.
- Beddings : 1 Twin Bed, 4 Queen Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Games : Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 20 min, Beach : Near Beah, Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport Available, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions :
Its central position on the island means that Finca Son Jorbo is in an ideal position to explore the many delights of Mallorca. It is just half an hour from the airport and has easy access to the south-east coast where many of the best beaches are to be found including the well known beach at Es Trenc (20 mins).
The local town of Porreres is said to be the most Mallorcan town in Mallorca, unspoilt by tourism, it has a number of bars in the recently pedestrianised main street and square, several of which also offer food. The church has an air of faded splendour and is the second largest on the island after the cathedral in Palma. Outside the town, the monastery of Monti Sion offers views across the town and towards the sea. Tuesday is market day when the town really comes alive. There is an ecological fair in the spring, a huge autumn fair and in August the fiesta of San Roc when everybody, old and young alike party non-stop for 7 days!
There are numerous ports and marinas including Cala Figuera, Porto Petro and Cala Dâ€™Or where you can take a coffee while watching the local fishing boats or dream of owning a multi-million pound yacht.
The islandâ€™s capital, Palma (35 mins) has something for everyone with its bustling streets, great shops, restaurants, galleries and museums. Every town has a weekly market and fiestas take place across the island throughout the year.
If you feel energetic you can discover what else the island has to offer including walking, horse riding, bird watching and golf. We also have a couple of bikes that you can borrow. Alternatively, relax by the pool and help yourself to the â€œhonesty barâ€.
- Other Views : The local town of Porreres is said to be the most Mallorcan town in Mallorca, unspoilt by tourism, it has a number of bars in the recently pedestrianised main street and square, several of which also offer food. The church has an air of faded splendour and is the second largest on the island after the cathedral in Palma. Outside the town, the monastery of Monti Sion offers views across the town and towards the sea. Tuesday is market day when the town really comes alive. There is an ecological fair in the spring, a huge autumn fair and in August the fiesta of San Roc when everybody, old and young alike party non-stop for 7 days!
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 0
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Very child friendly
- Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain
Spain Holiday Rentals, Spain Accommodations, Spain Hotels, Spain Villas, Spain Bed and Breakfasts, Spain Beach Rentals, Spain Vacation Rentals, Spain Holiday Deals, Spain Self Catering, Spain HHoliday Rentals , Balearic Islands Holiday Rentals, Balearic Islands Accommodations, Balearic Islands Hotels, Balearic Islands Villas, Balearic Islands Bed and Breakfasts, Balearic Islands Beach Rentals, Balearic Islands Vacation Rentals, Balearic Islands Holiday Deals, Balearic Islands Self Catering, Balearic Islands HHoliday Rentals , Mallorca Holiday Rentals, Mallorca Accommodations, Mallorca Hotels, Mallorca Villas, Mallorca Bed and Breakfasts, Mallorca Beach Rentals, Mallorca Vacation Rentals, Mallorca Holiday Deals, Mallorca Self Catering, Mallorca HHoliday Rentals ,