Pebble Island Lodge Pebble Island, Pebble Island, Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
Pebble Island: The third largest offshore island in the Falkland Islands, Pebble Island's diverse terrain offers pristine sand beaches, moor lands and rocky peaks, an extensive area of ponds and wetlands, and dramatic coastal cliffs. The Lodge: Pebble Island Lodge was converted from the farm manger's house in 1987, and offers a warm, comfortable base from which to explore the wildlife and history of the island. The only settlement is located on a narrow isthmus close to Elephant Beach, the longest sand beach in the Falklands at just over 4 miles (6½ km). In the heart of the settlement is Pebble Island Lodge. Originally built as the farm manager's house in 1928, it has always been a focal point of this remote island community. Converted to a tourist lodge in 1987, and extensively renovated more recently, it is now ideally adapted to suit the needs of visitors from around the world. Great care has been taken to ensure that it retains the warm and friendly atmosphere of a traditional Falkland farm house. It provides a superb base from which to explore Pebble Island. Your hosts, both Falkland Islanders, offer a full-board service and extend a warm welcome to their guests. The lodge can accommodate up to 11 people in comfortable rooms of various configurations, all of which are en-suite.
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||GBP 99||-||-|
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 1 Living Room, 1 Single Rooms, 2 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Ensuite
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable, Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, Zoo
- Decoration : Beautiful Decoration
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
- Transportation : Available
- Beddings : 2 Double Bed, 1 Twin Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : Near By, Beach : Beach Front, Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport Available, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions :
Pebble Islands' diverse terrain provides vital breeding habitats for a wide-ranging population of birds, including some rare and elusive species like the majestic Black-necked swan. Many thousands of Gentoo, Rockhopper and Magellanic penguins breed on Pebble Island each summer, spearheading the list of 42 resident bird species. In addition, each year the island attracts many rare avian visitors from South America and beyond. Southern sea lions can often be found resting at secluded spots around the coastline.
1) Pale-faced sheathbill
2) Coscoroba swan
3) King penguin
4) White-winged coot
5) White-rumped sandpiper
6) Striated caracara
7) Red shoveler
8) South American sea lion
9) Commersons dolphin
Other Views :
A large colony of Rockhopper penguins located near Marble Mountain. Occasionally one or two Macaroni penguins can be found in this colony.
An overview of the British Special Forces raid against Pebble Island airstrip in 1982. The wreckage of an Argentine aircraft can still be seen, and a small cairn commemorates the event.
The pristine sand beaches of Green Rincon, where Gentoo and Magellanic penguins, Giant Petrels and sometimes Commerson's Dolphins are to be seen. These beaches are also home to a variety of shore birds.
A large colony of Gentoo penguins near Middle Mountain. This unusual colony is located a long way from the sea in a rugged moorland area.
The Memorial for HMS Coventry, located on the eastern shoulder of First Mountain. This peaceful spot offers superb views and a variety of interesting Falkland flora.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : A adventurous place for your kids, over all they will like it
- Pebble Island, Pebble Island, Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
- Available For Pack A & B
Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Holiday Rentals, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Accommodations, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Hotels, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Villas, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Bed and Breakfasts, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Beach Rentals, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Vacation Rentals, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Holiday Deals, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Self Catering, Falkland Islands (Malvinas) HHoliday Rentals , Pebble Island Holiday Rentals, Pebble Island Accommodations, Pebble Island Hotels, Pebble Island Villas, Pebble Island Bed and Breakfasts, Pebble Island Beach Rentals, Pebble Island Vacation Rentals, Pebble Island Holiday Deals, Pebble Island Self Catering, Pebble Island HHoliday Rentals , Pebble Island Holiday Rentals, Pebble Island Accommodations, Pebble Island Hotels, Pebble Island Villas, Pebble Island Bed and Breakfasts, Pebble Island Beach Rentals, Pebble Island Vacation Rentals, Pebble Island Holiday Deals, Pebble Island Self Catering, Pebble Island HHoliday Rentals ,