Ambala Garden Lodge Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Ambala Garden Lodge
Ambala Garden Lodge is a very private and serene property set on ¾ of an acre on the hillside overlooking world famous Muri beach, on the tropical South Pacific island of Rarotonga. It is a business being operated as a Bed & Breakfast, or self catering if you prefer, by your Canadian hosts Esa and Nancy Aatelma. We have traveled extensively and have now retired and have found Rarotonga to be a true paradise. With its year round warm climate, friendly and truly honest people, a better place on earth can not be found. Ambala Garden Lodge is fully accredited by the Tourism Corporation of The Cook Islands. Ambala Garden Lodge has been nominated for the Cook Island Tourism Awards of Excellence for 2009 The main house consists of five very private bedroom units each with their own ensuite. Upon entering the property from Ambala Road you are among lush tropical gardens featuring such native indigenous plants as Royal Palms, Bottle Palms, mango, and breadfruit trees. Most of these plants were planted from seed and cared for and nurtured to produce this wonderful outdoor setting. As our guests go onto the upstairs floor there is a spacious veranda which contains tables and chairs to sit and relax in. The bedrooms are well appointed with local art and crafts highlighting some local artists. All linen is Egyptian cotton, (much cooler), with light duvets coverings. Overhead fans have also been installed, instead of artificial air conditioning. All beds are queen size and very comfortable. Once back outside our guests can wonder among the tropical gardens and enjoy the variety of plants, or go to the lower section and enjoy the canopied glide swing while watching fish in the man made ponds. There is also a man made stream gently cascading over rocks in the stream connecting the ponds. If exercise is your thing one can use the 10 meter in ground fresh water pool. We do however add a small amount of salt into the pool instead of chlorine. This is an effort to go green and not use harsh chemicals. Getting to Rarotonga is easier than ever with daily flight via Air New Zealand from Auckland, a mere four hour away. There is also weekly service via Air New Zealand with a direct flight from LAX, Los Angeles. Air Tahiti also has a twice weekly service flying in from Tahiti. The links listed on this home page allow you to explore the facilities, room rates, and other amenities that Ambala Garden Lodge has to offer. We invite you to come and visit us at Ambala Garden Lodge on the beautiful tropical garden island of Rarotonga, Cook Islands. Ambala Garden Lodge is a SMOKE FREE environment.
Our Suits Floor
Frangipani Suite (Up Stairs) This consists of a one bedroom with a queen size bed, a private ensuite and private deck. It also includes a well appointed sitting room with breath taking ocean views. Adjacent to this is a second bedroom. This unit rents for $225 /night single or double occupancy. This suite can be rented as a Bed and Breakfast or self catering, which ever you prefer.
Linden Suite A one bedroom with a queen size bed and private ensuite. It is available for $150/night single or $170/night double occupancy. This suite can only be rented out as a Bed and Breakfast unit, as it has no kitchen facilities.
Garden Apartment This consists of a two bedroom living area with a total of three queen beds capable of sleeping six adults. This is available for $210/ night for double occupancy for the B&B option. This suite can be rented as a Bed and Breakfast or self catering, which ever you prefer.
- Every bedroom includes a TV with separate DVD player.
- U/V filtered water on tap.
- Sun loungers by the pool.
- Beat the heat in our ten meter fresh water swimming pool.
- Stroll around the serene tropical gardens while viewing the lush plants.
- Or best of all, just pull up a chair, open a book, and veg out on the veranda, while listening to the surf of the South Pacific Ocean, and the various mina birds that always seem to be making a fuss.
- Hot water is solar heated.
- Both the Garden and Frangipani suites have kitchen facilities.
- Ambala is only a three minute stroll from the World famous Muri beach.
- Also car rentals can be pre-arranged for your convenience.
- Two in house scooters are available for guest rental
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||USD 0||USD 0||USD 0|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Outdoor Balcony
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 2 Suite, 2 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Full Bath
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable, Ground Floor, Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, Zoo
- Decoration : Perfect Decoration
- Disable Facilities : Suitable, Ground Floor
- Transportation : Car rentals can be pre-arranged for your convenience.
- Beddings : 2 Twin Bed, 1 Single Bed, 2 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : TV, VCR, DVD, Satellite TV, Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : Rarotonga is served by Air New Zealand. They have daily flights in from Auckland., Beach : 3 min., Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Walking distance, Bus : Regular city Transport, Car : Available for Rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions : Do come and visit this island paradise, with its warm temperatures, cooling trade wind breezes, and sunny skies. You holiday here will be as memorable as it will be relaxing.
- Other Views : Upon entering the property from Ambala Road you are among lush tropical gardens featuring such native indigenous plants as Royal Palms, Bottle Palms, mango, and breadfruit trees. Most of these plants were planted from seed and cared for and nurtured to produce this wonderful outdoor setting.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Best Location for your Child
- Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Available For Pack A & B
Cook Islands Holiday Rentals, Cook Islands Accommodations, Cook Islands Hotels, Cook Islands Villas, Cook Islands Bed and Breakfasts, Cook Islands Beach Rentals, Cook Islands Vacation Rentals, Cook Islands Holiday Deals, Cook Islands Self Catering, Cook Islands HHoliday Rentals , Rarotonga Holiday Rentals, Rarotonga Accommodations, Rarotonga Hotels, Rarotonga Villas, Rarotonga Bed and Breakfasts, Rarotonga Beach Rentals, Rarotonga Vacation Rentals, Rarotonga Holiday Deals, Rarotonga Self Catering, Rarotonga HHoliday Rentals , Avarua Holiday Rentals, Avarua Accommodations, Avarua Hotels, Avarua Villas, Avarua Bed and Breakfasts, Avarua Beach Rentals, Avarua Vacation Rentals, Avarua Holiday Deals, Avarua Self Catering, Avarua HHoliday Rentals ,