Windmill Cottage (4-8) Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand
Accommodation at Windmill Cottage offers a modern/traditional villa on one of the highest points on the Church Bay ridge. The views are truly panoramic, encompassing the entire Hauraki Gulf, with sunsets over Rangitoto Island and Auckland City, and a stunning outlook over the Gulf Islands and local Waheke Island beaches, with broader vistas to Coromandel, Great Barrier Island and The East Coast. Accessed by a long private driveway, among the vineyards and restaurants of Church Bay, a few minutes from Matiatia ferry wharf. A 30-acre bush reserve backs on to the property, with walking tracks to the coastlines of Church Bay and Park Point. Spacious lawns surround the house, sited near the original windmill generator, which still partially powers the property. The house was originally a sea-captain’s house on the Manukau Harbour, moved from Onehunga, extensively upgraded as visitors’ accommodation and enhanced with many fine colonial features. The property shares 15 acres of private bush and beach front. Visitors can enjoy private bush tracks leading down to Wild Bay, boat anchorages in Huruhi Bay, the adjoining coastal wilderness, or a short walk around the beach to Oneroa village. A short bush walk takes you to Waiheke’s premier restaurant venues, including the neighbouring Mudbrick Restaurant and Cable Bay. Facilities Bedrooms: 3 Master bedroom with Queen sized bed and ensuite. 2nd bedroom with Queen bed, and the 3rd bedroom with a Queen sofa bed. Bathrooms: 2 Ensuite off bedroom, 2nd bathroom with shower and toilet. Kitchen: Fully equipped kitchen, additional servicing may be offered by special arrangement. Lounge: Open plan lounge and dining room with Sky TV, internet, DVDplayer and telephone. Dining room: Dining for upto 8. Laundry: Laundry facilities and all linen provided. Outdoor facilities: Expansive patio deck with outside table and chairs, Lawns. Closeby attractions: Walks down to Wild bay, Church bay, Park point, Mudbrick Vineyard, Cable Bay vineyard, Peninusula Estate, A 20 minute stroll into Oneroa Village with its shops and restaurants inclu. Skinny Sardines, Sand Bar, Viola, Wai Kitchen, The Red Crab, Vino Vino, Oneroa Art centre, Four Square supprette, 2 liquor stores as well as Oneroa beach. 10 min drive to the car ferry at Kennedy Point and a 2 min drive to passenger ferry. Lots of bush and coastal walks close by.
Min 2 night booking. Min 3 night booking over long weekends. Min 7 night bookings over Christmas New Year. 10% discount for bookings 8 nights or more. Shoulder season: 1 Mar - 30 April and 1 Oct - 30 Nov, rates are only $580 per night. A self contained studio downstairs is available for an extra 1-2 people for an extra $275 per night in summer and $220 in winter.
Contact to the owner.
|1||1 May 2011 - 30 Sep 2011||USD 580||-||-|
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 3 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Ensuite off bedroom, 2nd bathroom with shower and toilet.
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Yes, Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, Zoo
- Decoration : Perfect
- Disable Facilities : Yes
- Transportation : Yes
- Beddings : 1 Double Bed, 2 Queen Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : Near By, Beach : Close to beach, Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular city Transport, Car : Available for Rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions : Walks down to Wild bay, Church bay, Park point, Mudbrick Vineyard, Cable Bay vineyard, Peninusula Estate, A 20 minute stroll into Oneroa Village with its shops and restaurants inclu. Skinny Sardines, Sand Bar, Viola, Wai Kitchen, The Red Crab, Vino Vino, Oneroa Art centre, Four Square supprette, 2 liquor stores as well as Oneroa beach. 10 min drive to the car ferry at Kennedy Point and a 2 min drive to passenger ferry. Lots of bush and coastal walks close by.
Other Views :
A 30-acre bush reserve backs on to the property, with walking tracks to the coastlines of Church Bay and Park Point.
Spacious lawns surround the house, sited near the original windmill generator, which still partially powers the property.
The house was originally a sea-captainâ€™s house on the Manukau Harbour, moved from Onehunga, extensively upgraded as visitorsâ€™ accommodation and enhanced with many fine colonial features.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 0
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Yes
- Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand
- Available For Pack A & B
New Zealand Holiday Rentals, New Zealand Accommodations, New Zealand Hotels, New Zealand Villas, New Zealand Bed and Breakfasts, New Zealand Beach Rentals, New Zealand Vacation Rentals, New Zealand Holiday Deals, New Zealand Self Catering, New Zealand HHoliday Rentals , Auckland Holiday Rentals, Auckland Accommodations, Auckland Hotels, Auckland Villas, Auckland Bed and Breakfasts, Auckland Beach Rentals, Auckland Vacation Rentals, Auckland Holiday Deals, Auckland Self Catering, Auckland HHoliday Rentals , Waiheke Island Holiday Rentals, Waiheke Island Accommodations, Waiheke Island Hotels, Waiheke Island Villas, Waiheke Island Bed and Breakfasts, Waiheke Island Beach Rentals, Waiheke Island Vacation Rentals, Waiheke Island Holiday Deals, Waiheke Island Self Catering, Waiheke Island HHoliday Rentals ,