Villa Romantique Riviera, Cote d\'Azur - Provence, France
Villa Romantique was built around an old circular stone tower with windows certainly dating from 1820.
Our villa in Provence has been completely renovated with immense style and an abundance of love and care to provide very appealing, elegant and welcoming accommodation. It combines great charm, many original Provençal features and pretty and decorative touches, with modern-day comforts. Important characteristics for holiday villas in Provence.
The approach to Villa Romantique is up a steep and winding private lane that leads to just a few other Provence villas set amongst pine and olive trees. You enter the grounds through big decorative wrought iron gates which are electronically controlled, thus ensuring privacy and a feeling of exclusivity. Our Provence villa is in a commanding hilltop position - private but not isolated - and very importantly, you are not overlooked nor are you overlooking any other homes. The garden is surrounded by a high wall giving you peace and privacy. These are desirable and rare features for holiday villas in Provence.
Because of the layout, design and features, this gloriously spacious and fascinating 6-bedroomed villa in Provence accommodates 2 to 12 people in great style and comfort. It is just as perfect for 2 as it is for 12. Please note that there are substantial discounts for lower occupancy so that to be fair, smaller groups pay less - there is a table further down which shows a sliding scale of prices for the time you want to go and for the number in your party. Prices are from as little as £162.50 per person per week (i.e. £23 per person per day, and even in the peak summer season, from as little as £47 per person per day !). Click here to view prices/dates/occupancy tables
• Impressive flag-stone Entrance Hall/Sitting Room, 33 ft x 14 ft (10 m x 4.25 m) with large stone feature fireplace. Double doors leading to
• Baronial-style Dining Room for 2 to 12 with white washed beams. This room goes through to a
• Circular Lounge with white washed beams and massive Provençal stone fireplace, giving a room 38 ft x 16 ft (12 m x 5 m) in total. There is French TV (6 channels), Satellite TV (English BBC channels, etc.), DVD player, CD/Radio/Cassette player • The villa has Wi-Fi enabled ADSL, and this is free to all visitors should you wish to bring your lap-top computer with you
• Large comprehensively equipped Kitchen (twin sinks, 4-ring gas hob, electric oven with automatic timer, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge and freezer, electric kettle, toaster, cafetière, blender etc.) 15 ft x 11 ft 6" (4.5 m x 3.5 m). A charming feature is the original and beautifully decorated antique oven (no longer in use !)
• 6 Bedrooms - all are doubles and/or twins
No. 1: very large main bedroom 22 ft x 11 ft 6" (6.6 m x 3.5 m) with super-king-size bed which can be divided to make twin - 3 ft 3" wide beds (1 m) if preferred
No. 2: spacious circular double bedroom 18 ft in diameter (5.5 m) with four poster double bed
Nos. 3 & 4: 2 bedrooms (both doubles which can be divided to make twins if preferred) with traditional Provençal sloping ceilings and low beams
Nos. 5 & 6: 2 ground-floor bedrooms (1 double and 1 double which can be divided to make twins if preferred).
[The 2 ground-floor bedrooms share their own large ground-floor 'blue' bathroom with twin wash hand basins, large corner bath with shower facility, and a separate toilet] - see floor plans
• 4 Bath/Shower rooms (all newly fitted)
• 4 Toilets (all newly fitted) Shower/washroom/toilet No. 3 on the first floor has a sloping ceiling
• Laundry room ( washing machine, ironing board and iron )
• Circular Roof Terrace (accessed by internal staircase up from 1st floor landing) with truly spectacular panoramic views
• Large raised ground-floor Terrace looking over the garden and the landscape, perfect for relaxing and dining, with seating for 12 or more, around an inviting old farmhouse table 11 ft 6" long (3.5 m) - an excellent setting for long lazy lunches and those dinners that go on late into the warm nights and filled with enjoyable conversation
• Beautiful circular Swimming Pool built in the style of a Roman colonnaded arena - and charmingly illuminated at night for that enchanting midnight dip. The pool is over 26 feet ( 8 metres ) in diameter giving a surface area of 550 sq. feet ( over 50 sq. metres ) with semi-circular steps down into the pool for easy entry and exit
• Poolside Sunbathing Terrace with sun loungers, drinks trolley etc.
• Shaded Poolside Lounge - a perfect relaxing and reading area furnished with a big comfy sofa, matching arm chairs, drinks/magazine table and CD/Radio/Cassette player
• Fully fitted poolside Summer Kitchen, with 4-ring gas hob, twin sinks, full-size cool drinks fridge & ice cabinet and stone table for al fresco poolside meals
• Traditional stone-built poolside Barbecue with stone chimney and serving area
• Ornamental Pond Garden with a well-stocked picturesque pond, dry-stone grotto and little bridge and with a further stone table for dining under the trees
• The villa is set in a mature high walled garden of 1850 sq. metres (approximately 20,000 sq. feet) in the natural style of the region with low ornamental dry-stone walls. A wealth of shrubs & trees provide natural shade and tranquility in the heat of the summer, and throughout the year you will enjoy the relaxing setting of all the different outdoor areas with plenty of space to find your own sunny or shady area as you desire
• Parking for 5 or 6 cars with covered shaded parking for 2
• Boules area for playing the traditional and absorbing French game of Petanque (boules provided)
• Central Heating for the cooler winter nights (if you should ever need it)
Villa Romantique is bright and airy, painted white throughout and furnished in a charming & colourful antique Provençal style. It faces south and enjoys the full benefit of the quality of light and the delicious warmth for which this region is justly renowned all year round. Top Superb Location of our Villa in Provence Villa Romantique is just 1 mile (1.5 km) out of the historic medieval town of Beaucaire, with its imposing 12th century ruined castle perched high on a rock overlooking the majestic river Rhône. There is a delightful river marina crammed with colourful boats of all shapes and sizes which is bordered with restaurants and bars full of character. Alongside the marina the square is shaded by the typical spreading plane trees (platanes) so loved in village and town squares throughout this region.
Beaucaire was such an important market place in France throughout the Middle Ages that prices struck here for commodities such as wine and cheese, metals and timber, fruit and meat, leather and silk, pots and pans became the norm throughout France. Its Medieval Fairs attracted buyers and sellers from all over Europe and Asia and there are countless ancient buildings which bear witness to Beaucaire's great past. The town is steeped in history and still today there are regular markets, fairs, festivals and celebrations commemorating bygone days and traditions.
Beaucaire looks across the Rhône to its equally lovely neighbour Tarascon with the marvellous Good King Rene's castle, one of the best preserved medieval fortresses in the whole of France; its partly fortified old town, the 17th century Town Hall and grand 19th century theatre - originally a 16th century abbey. Top Fascinating places to visit Villa Romantique is ideally placed for visiting all of central and western (Roman) Provence, the Luberon, the Camargue, the Gard region of Languedoc-Rousillon and the uncrowded part of the Mediterranean.
While at our holiday villa in Provence, you should try to give yourselves enough time here to experience just a few of the wonderful sites in this fascinating part of the South of France.
I list some suggestions here
• The beautiful walled city of Avignon - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - the medieval city of Popes - the biggest gothic palace in the world and the legendary bridge made famous by the song known to every child 'Sur le Pont, d'Avignon'
• St Remy de Provence and the impressive Greco-Roman archaeological site of Glanum, and the beautiful retreat where Van Gogh spent a prolific year inspired by the luminosity of the light in this region
• 11th century Les Baux de Provence dominating the Provence landscape
• The Roman centre of Arles described by Constantine as 'the little Rome in Gaul' and once the Roman capital for all of Spain, France and Britain. The great obelisk, the theatre, the amphitheatre arena and the Cloisters of St Trophime are not to be missed
• Nimes with its impressive Roman arena. The beautiful Roman 'Jardin Des Fontaines' which it has been said inspired the gardens at Versailles, and the 'Maison Carreé' much like the Parthenon in Athens
• Pont du Gard-a World Heritage Site, the incredible triple height bridge built by the Romans, one of the finest and most grand pieces of architecture antiquity has bequeathed to us. The aqueduct level delivered pure water to the Roman baths and fountains at Nimes for over 200 years
• Uzés, a delightfully restored medieval town, the seat of the Dukes of Uzés (the first Dukes of France ) for over a thousand years with its lovely cathedral with its tall tower unique in France and similar to the Leaning Tower of Pisa
• Aix en Provence, a city of art and culture, home of Cezanne and the city of a hundred fountains
• The Luberon - Gordes, Menerbes, Bonnieux and Roussillon
• Marseille with its picturesque old port and beautiful church high up on the hill overlooking the city (go up on the little 'street train touristique'), the Mediterranean, and the fortress island , Isle d'If - home of Alexander Dumas' Count of Monte Cristo
• Montpelier, elegant and classical, rather like a Paris of the South
• Orange, the great Imperial Roman theatre - yet another UNESCO World Heritage site
• The Camargue - calm and mysterious - try to take a Land Rover safari or a boat trip through the lagoons and waterways
• Aigues-Mortes, a beautifully preserved town completely enclosed by ramparts. The French kingdom's first Mediterranean port and the departure point for the Orient and the Crusades
• St. Maries de la Mer - like Mediterranean seaside resorts were 70 years ago - quiet and gentle with unspoilt and uncrowded beaches
There are hundreds of excellent restaurants in the area to choose from and most are very inexpensive. I give a list of recommendations in the villa and you will certainly have great fun discovering your own favourites. For all your shopping there is a very large supermarket just over 1/2 mile (1km)
Whatever you choose to do, Villa Romantique is such a special villa in Provence in such an enchanting setting that you might find it difficult to tear yourselves away from this little piece of paradise.
I have to say that there have been literally thousands of ordinary villas in Provence with pools built during the past 40 years to the same general 'box' pattern and they are all much the same as each other. Most of these Provence villas are on 'lotissements' - areas of land allocated for housing estates - and erected recently by property developers and builders. So many other villas in Provence have just been put up on any odd spare piece of land that has happened to come up for sale. Unfortunately, most of them are completely soulless and lacking in that traditional and so-appealing ambiance that an older Provence villa has.
On the other hand, Villa Romantique is for those of you who are searching for a holiday villa in Provence which is very different, very special and very private. Full of mature character and true Provencal atmosphere, yet still at a sensible price.
We adore our villa in Provence and although we live in London, my family and I love to stay here as often as we possibly can when it is not let. We just adore our beloved Provence villa and enjoy the time we spend here more than anywhere else in the world. We believe you will be relaxed and uplifted by your holiday at Villa Romantique. For us, this is as close to perfection as you can get.
At the bottom of this page you can click to see a full set of photographs of the interior and exterior of our villa in Provence, our private pool and the wonderful views you will enjoy.
Contact to the owner.
- Washing Machine
- Water Filter
- Coffee Maker
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Outdoor Balcony
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 6 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 4 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Full Bath With Shower, Toilet
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable , Parking Available
- Attribute : Waterfront, Shopping Center, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Tennis, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Churches Nearby, Forests, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing
- Decoration : Very Well Decorated Property As Per Visitor Requires
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
- Transportation : Local City Transportation Available
- Beddings : 1 Double Bed, 1 Twin Bed, 2 Single Bed, 2 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed
- Entertainment : TV, DVD, Satellite TV
- Games : Games Video, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 60 Km., Beach : Public Beach Near By, Railway : Near By, Bus : Regular Transportation, Car : Recommended, Restaurant : Near By
- Other Attractions : Our villa in Provence has been completely renovated with immense style and an abundance of love and care to provide very appealing, elegant and welcoming accommodation. It combines great charm, many original ProvenÃ§al features and pretty and decorative touches, with modern-day comforts. Important characteristics for holiday villas in Provence.
- Outside Attributes : Garage, Garden, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Terrace
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Children Welcome
- Riviera, Cote d\'Azur - Provence, France
France Holiday Rentals, France Accommodations, France Hotels, France Villas, France Bed and Breakfasts, France Beach Rentals, France Vacation Rentals, France Holiday Deals, France Self Catering, France HHoliday Rentals , Cote d'Azur - Provence Holiday Rentals, Cote d'Azur - Provence Accommodations, Cote d'Azur - Provence Hotels, Cote d'Azur - Provence Villas, Cote d'Azur - Provence Bed and Breakfasts, Cote d'Azur - Provence Beach Rentals, Cote d'Azur - Provence Vacation Rentals, Cote d'Azur - Provence Holiday Deals, Cote d'Azur - Provence Self Catering, Cote d'Azur - Provence HHoliday Rentals , Riviera Holiday Rentals, Riviera Accommodations, Riviera Hotels, Riviera Villas, Riviera Bed and Breakfasts, Riviera Beach Rentals, Riviera Vacation Rentals, Riviera Holiday Deals, Riviera Self Catering, Riviera HHoliday Rentals ,
Maison magnifique vue mer, tout confort, jardin, terrasse Ã Wimereux - Pas-de-Calais Maison magnifique vue mer, tout confort, jardin, terrasse Ã Wimereux Pas de Calais