Montisola Terra Monte Isola, Lombardy, Italy
Monte Isola is the largest island in a lake in Europe and is located in the middle of Lake Iseo. Cars are not permitted on the island, but there is a bus, and you can walk and cycle. This rustic holiday home consists of three apartments and is perfect for people who want to be in close contact with nature.
The holiday home is located 15 minutes walk from the supermarket, shops and restaurants.
For guests there is a private parking space at Sulzano, and the boat leaves from there for the island. The boat stops approx. 200 metres from the house and is only accessible by foot. The cost of a parking spot and a single trip on the boat to Monte Isola on the day of arrival is included.
MONTE ISOLA: IDEAS FOR THE HOLIDAY
Monte Isola is the biggest island of the European lakes and it is situated in the centre of the lake Iseo.
“..like a mountain in the centre of the lake..” as it was described through the properties of the Serenissima Republic of Venice.
On the island is forbidden to take or use cars.
The streets which link the villages on the island are passable by bicycles, which can be rented in Peschiera Maraglio, Sensole or Carzano, or taken to the island through ferry boats (not on Sundays between April and September). In fact there are a lot of itineraries which can be followed by bicycle and/or on foot.
The most followed itinerary is the tour of the island (9 km – easy). There is an another one, more difficult but also more panoramic, which goes up to the santuary of Madonna della Ceriola (tour of the island and climb to the santuary: 15 km).
All the Monte Isola villages must be discovered for their particularities and for monuments to visit;
- Siviano, the main village, for its historic buildings;
- Peschiera and the villages by the lake for the narrow connection with the lake and the fishermen activities: boats and nets;
- Senzano, Cure e Masse for their rural and agricultural characteristics
Monte Isola has been selected as one of the most beautiful towns in Italy (club “Borghi più belli d’Italia) thanks to the capacity to keep intact all those characteristics, to the beauty of the landscape and to the manteinance of traditions.
On the island there are a lot of free beaches where you can have baths: some of them, like the “Ere” and the Carzano beach, are equipped with pic-nic areas.
Contact to the owner.
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Desert, Lake, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 2 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 1 Bathrooms
- Suitability : Child Friendly
- Boating : Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Shopping Center, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theatre, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Churches Nearby, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing
- Decoration : Well Decorated
- Transportation : Local Transportation
- Beddings : 2 Double Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 10 Km., Railway : Near By, Bus : Near By, Restaurant : Near By
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Garden, Terrace
- Computers : 0
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Monte Isola, Lombardy, Italy
- Available For Pack A & B
Italy Holiday Rentals, Italy Accommodations, Italy Hotels, Italy Villas, Italy Bed and Breakfasts, Italy Beach Rentals, Italy Vacation Rentals, Italy Holiday Deals, Italy Self Catering, Italy HHoliday Rentals , Lombardy Holiday Rentals, Lombardy Accommodations, Lombardy Hotels, Lombardy Villas, Lombardy Bed and Breakfasts, Lombardy Beach Rentals, Lombardy Vacation Rentals, Lombardy Holiday Deals, Lombardy Self Catering, Lombardy HHoliday Rentals , Monte Isola Holiday Rentals, Monte Isola Accommodations, Monte Isola Hotels, Monte Isola Villas, Monte Isola Bed and Breakfasts, Monte Isola Beach Rentals, Monte Isola Vacation Rentals, Monte Isola Holiday Deals, Monte Isola Self Catering, Monte Isola HHoliday Rentals ,