VILLA COMTESSE Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy
Take a short, lakeside stroll from Como's central piazza and you arrive at Villa Comtesse, a unique historic villa with a beautiful story to tell. Built in 1772, its three year renovation was completed in 2009, bringing back once again the artful splendor of its time in centuries past.
One of the famed "Seven Sisters of Como", this villa is filled with lovely frescoes by acclaimed artists including Andrea Appiani, Italy's most famous neo-classical artist. It is the setting of a novel written in 1856 by French author Nathalie Comtesse.
This villa offers our special ¡°arrive and relax¡± package:
A simple typical dinner is provided on your arrival night. This is a welcome sight after a long flight and will allow you to check in, unpack and relax. You will find the dinner in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The dinner is also suitable for vegetarian guests. It basically consists of a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included. No changes are possible for the first dinner.
The villa also will be stocked with basic groceries so that you do not have to shop upon arrival or worry about store closures on Sunday. The shopping list consists of: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests.
While preserving the historical character of the villa, the owner has also added modern amenities including a swimming pool, air conditioning, elevator, full gym, yoga studio, high speed Internet and much more. The villa staff lives in a separate residence.
Villa Comtesse offers an experience of opulence and convenient proximity to the the historic town of Como. Spend your time enjoying the luxury of this 12,000 square foot mansion, walk to Como's center, or boat from the villa's easy access to Lake Como and indulge in a boat trip to the lake's most desired destinations.
The villa's grand foyer features a stunning twenty foot high frescoed ceiling with a dazzling marble staircase. On this level there is also a 1000 square foot gym with yoga/dance/cardio/weight studio, a large cantina with game room and wine cellar, and a video conference room
Here you will find the 500 square foot main salon with original frescoes and mosaic floor, two casual dining rooms, a formal dining room, well-equipped kitchen and guest bedroom with bath.
This level includes a master suite with bath (1100 sq ft), two guest suites with baths, children's suite (800 sq ft) with bath, guest bedroom and a full laundry.
Fourth level mansard
The mansard has another guest suite with bath (1100 sq ft).
Private outdoor garden
The lakeside garden (70 yards x 20 yards) is a elegant location for outdoor dining and relaxing by the pool (15 yards x 5 yards). The back gate of the garden opens onto the famous "Passegiata Villa Olmo", the beautiful walkway that goes along the lake. The entire garden is enclosed by stone walls and tall hedges for maximum privacy.
The boathouse for Villa Comtesse is located only 5 steps down from the backyard.
Also located on the estate is a pleasant apartment called Il Rustico. It has 3 bedrooms (with sofabed), 2 bathrooms and can accommodate up to 7 guests. Il Rustico has its own private courtyard and entrance and access is from a different alleyway than that for the villa.
Il Rustico can be rented separately or together with Villa Comtesse. Together, the two accommodations sleep up to 21 people and provide a perfect place for a large family or gathering of friends.
Il Rustico can be rented separately or used by the owners. Because it is a separate building with independent entrance the privacy of the main villa is not affected. Guests renting only Il Rustico do not have access to the villa garden or swimming pool.
Contact to the owner.
|1||Low Season||EUR 16100||-||-|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 9 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 7 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Full Baths
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable, Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, Boating Area, Water Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, River Rafting, Zoo
- Decoration : Beautiful Decoration
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
- Transportation : Local City Transportation
- Beddings : 3 Double Bed, 2 Twin Bed, 2 Queen Bed, 1 Queen Futon Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 24 miles from Falconara Airport, Beach : Near beach, Railway : Near By, Golf : 250 Mtr, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular city transport, Car : Can be Rented, Restaurant : Available
- Other Views : One of the famed "Seven Sisters of Como", this villa is filled with lovely frescoes by acclaimed artists including Andrea Appiani, Italy's most famous neo-classical artist. It is the setting of a novel written in 1856 by French author Nathalie Comtesse.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Child Friendly
- Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy
Italy Holiday Rentals, Italy Accommodations, Italy Hotels, Italy Villas, Italy Bed and Breakfasts, Italy Beach Rentals, Italy Vacation Rentals, Italy Holiday Deals, Italy Self Catering, Italy HHoliday Rentals , Lombardy Holiday Rentals, Lombardy Accommodations, Lombardy Hotels, Lombardy Villas, Lombardy Bed and Breakfasts, Lombardy Beach Rentals, Lombardy Vacation Rentals, Lombardy Holiday Deals, Lombardy Self Catering, Lombardy HHoliday Rentals , Lake Como Holiday Rentals, Lake Como Accommodations, Lake Como Hotels, Lake Como Villas, Lake Como Bed and Breakfasts, Lake Como Beach Rentals, Lake Como Vacation Rentals, Lake Como Holiday Deals, Lake Como Self Catering, Lake Como HHoliday Rentals ,