Thorney Near Peterborough Holiday Cottages Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England
The Property This lovely, detached cottage is situated within the grounds of the owners’ home, next to Thorney Abbey, in the historic village of Thorney, just eight miles from Peterborough. This delightful Thorney cottage boasts classic country furnishings, a cosy sitting room with an original beamed ceiling and bread oven, a well-equipped kitchen with dining area and a bathroom. Steep stairs lead up to a bright and airy bedroom with a window looking out onto the garden. Outside this Thorney cottage is a pretty cottage garden with table and chairs and an open summerhouse, which is an ideal place to enjoy a morning coffee on a sunny day. The village of Thorney is proud of its long historic past, all of which awaits your discovery at the local Heritage Museum, plus the museum also offers tours of Thorney Abbey and the Victorian Model Village. Thorney has good local amenities including a pub, food outlets and a post office. Within driving distance of this Thorney cottage is the city of Peterborough and the market town of Wisbech, both of which are well worth a visit. There are a number of attractions and other places of interest in the area, making this Thorney cottage a perfect base for a couple at any time of year. Accommodation One double bedroom. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room. Amenities Gas central heating throughout. Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking. Shared enclosed garden with patio, open summerhouse and furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk. Note: This property accepts children aged 12 years and over only.
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||-||GBP 222||-|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 1 Living Room, 1 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 1 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable , Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Swimming Beach, River Front, Golf, Shopping Center, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, River Rafting, Zoo
- Decoration : This delightful Thorney cottage boasts classic country furnishings, a cosy sitting room with an original beamed ceiling and bread oven, a well-equipped kitchen with dining area and a bathroom.
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
- Transportation : Available for rent
- Beddings : 1 Double Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : VCR, DVD, Satellite TV, Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : Near By, Railway : Near By, Golf : Available, Bar : 2 min. walk, Bus : Walking Distance, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions : Alternatively, why not take a casual walk along the willow line footpath or cycle along the Green Wheel route towards Whittlesey or Flag Fen. Set on the edge of Peterborough is Ferry Meadows Country Park, a 500 acre site with beautiful lakes and woodland offering walks, cycle paths, fishing, windsurfing, canoeing and open top boat tours. You can shop till you drop in Peterboroughâ€™s shopping areas, which includes the Queensgate Centre, Cathedral Square, City Market, Rivergate Shopping Centre, and Peterborough Garden Park with its crystal palace glass atrium. The Georgian market town of Wisbech offers the National Trust owned Peckover House, the Octavia Hill Museum and Elgoods Brewery and Gardens.
- Other Views : The attractive Cambridgeshire village of Thorney is located between the city of Peterborough and the Fenland market town of Wisbech. Many of the attractive cottages in Thorney were once part of the estate owned by The Duke of Bedford, with the historic village today offering visitors a museum, tours of Thorney Abbey and a Victorian model village. Village amenities include a friendly pub serving food, post office, chemist, village store, food outlets, and a regular bus service to Peterborough. The vibrant city of Peterborough boasts The Embankment, which provides a lovely place to sit and unwind at the waters edge whilst watching visiting boats.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 0
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Very Child Friendly
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England
- Available For Pack A & B
England Holiday Rentals, England Accommodations, England Hotels, England Villas, England Bed and Breakfasts, England Beach Rentals, England Vacation Rentals, England Holiday Deals, England Self Catering, England HHoliday Rentals , Cambridgeshire Holiday Rentals, Cambridgeshire Accommodations, Cambridgeshire Hotels, Cambridgeshire Villas, Cambridgeshire Bed and Breakfasts, Cambridgeshire Beach Rentals, Cambridgeshire Vacation Rentals, Cambridgeshire Holiday Deals, Cambridgeshire Self Catering, Cambridgeshire HHoliday Rentals , Peterborough Holiday Rentals, Peterborough Accommodations, Peterborough Hotels, Peterborough Villas, Peterborough Bed and Breakfasts, Peterborough Beach Rentals, Peterborough Vacation Rentals, Peterborough Holiday Deals, Peterborough Self Catering, Peterborough HHoliday Rentals ,