Barn Cottage - Sticklepath Near Okehampton Okehampton, Devon, England
Barn Cottage - Sticklepath Near Okehampton
This attractive barn conversion is in the owner’s extensive grounds, on the edge of the Dartmoor village of Sticklepath, overlooking the surrounding rural landscape. This Sticklepath cottage has high, beamed ceilings giving the spacious, open plan living area a light and airy feel, while the wooden floors, rustic style furnishings and the woodburner make this a cosy, character cottage. Upstairs, the large bedroom with king-size double bed and en-suite facilities, makes this ideal for a romantic retreat. This Sticklepath cottage has its own patio area with furniture, ideal for a summer BBQ or a relaxing drink after a busy day, and shared use of the owner’s garden, so you can enjoy a gentle stroll to admire the magnificent views. Sticklepath is a pretty village with traditional country cottages lining the main street, a couple of pubs, a village shop and the renowned Finch Foundry (NT) which is open to visitors giving demonstrations of the fascinating 19th-century water-powered forge in working order. Sticklepath is surrounded by ample opportunity for country pursuits including magnificent Dartmoor walks, cycling on the 30-mile Tarka Trail, pony trekking across the wilds of the moor and fishing on the local lakes. A short drive from this Sticklepath cottage will take you to a variety of visitor attractions including Dingles Steam village and fairground museum, Castle Drogo (NT) dramatically situated above the river Teign, and the Museum of Dartmoor Life in the market town of Okehampton. A rural delight and an ideal base for exploring Dartmoor. Accommodation One king-size double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Amenities Oil fired central heating, with additional heating from woodburner in sitting area. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Two Z-beds available on request. Off road parking for 1 car. Private patio with furniture at front of cottage plus shared use of owner's garden. One well behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk.
Contact to the owner.
|1||Sat Mar 31 - Sat Apr 07||-||GBP 439||-|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 1 Living Room, 1 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 1 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : en-suite shower, basin and WC.
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Accessibly , Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, River Rafting, Zoo
- Decoration : Perfectly Decorated
- Disable Facilities : Accessibly
- Transportation : Available
- Beddings : 1 Double Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 25 min, Beach : Near Beach, Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions : From Sticklepath there are plentiful Dartmoor walks on your doorstep and the Tarka Trail runs through the village which can be explored on foot or by cycle. There are several nearby reservoirs that can be fished including Fernworthy, which is close to the pretty Dartmoor town of Chagford, and provides excellent bird watching as well as a circular lakeside walk. Sticklepath and its surrounding villages also run several events during the year, some of the more popular ones include: The Sticklepath Summer Ball, The Sticklepath Fireworks Display, and The South Zeal Folk Festival.
- Other Views : Situated in the heart of Devon, the small village of Sticklepath lies on the Northern edge of Dartmoor alongside the river Taw. As well as a village shop and pub, Sticklepath boasts one of the interesting exhibits of industrial archaeology in Devon. Finch Foundry (National Trust) was renowned for years as producing the finest sharp edged tradesman tools in the West country. Three massive waterwheels have been restored and visitors can see the dusty noisy working environment just as it was in the 19th century.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water, Wooden Decking
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Very child friendly
- Okehampton, Devon, England
- Available For Pack A & B
England Holiday Rentals, England Accommodations, England Hotels, England Villas, England Bed and Breakfasts, England Beach Rentals, England Vacation Rentals, England Holiday Deals, England Self Catering, England HHoliday Rentals , Devon Holiday Rentals, Devon Accommodations, Devon Hotels, Devon Villas, Devon Bed and Breakfasts, Devon Beach Rentals, Devon Vacation Rentals, Devon Holiday Deals, Devon Self Catering, Devon HHoliday Rentals , Okehampton Holiday Rentals, Okehampton Accommodations, Okehampton Hotels, Okehampton Villas, Okehampton Bed and Breakfasts, Okehampton Beach Rentals, Okehampton Vacation Rentals, Okehampton Holiday Deals, Okehampton Self Catering, Okehampton HHoliday Rentals ,
Mauritian typical cottage for 4-5 people in Pointe aux Sable on the west coast of the island, 150 m from the beach.