Gunnislake Holiday Accommodation Gunnislake, Cornwall, England
Tamarind Cottage | Gunnislake near Tavistock | Cornwall Lovely Gunnislake cottage, tucked down footpath overlooking beautiful Tamar Valley. Stylish, cosy accommodation, ideal romantic retreat. Tavistock 5 miles. The Property Gunnislake 0.3 miles. A lovely whitewashed stone terraced cottage, in a magnificent hillside position overlooking the beautiful Tamar Valley, tucked away on the outskirts of Gunnislake village. This Gunnislake cottage makes the perfect romantic retreat; from the road, a five minute stroll along the sloping walkway takes you to your cottage, which has been carefully and charmingly refurbished in keeping with the cottage's original style. Step inside to a warm, cosy open plan living area with feature fireplace and exposed beams, or head up the steep stairs to a stylish en-suite bedroom with fabulous views over the Tamar Valley, where you may be lucky enough to spot buzzards and red kites soaring high above the woods. Set in beautiful surroundings, this Gunnislake cottage is a short walk from the village pub and shops, which include a family butcher and a quirky antique shop. Take a romantic train journey through the Tamar Valley from Gunnislake to Plymouth, visit NT Cotehele House or join one of the eight Tamar Trails on foot or cycle. Just five miles away is historic Tavistock, which is on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park. This Gunnislake cottage is an ideal base for walking, cycling and just relaxing. Accommodation One double bedroom with en-suite shower cubicle, basin and WC. Open plan living room with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner-style electric stove. Amenities Electric convector heating throughout, woodburner-style electric stove in sitting area. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, colour TV, books/games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking 5 minutes’ walk away (minimal vehicle access for unloading only). Enclosed gravel front garden with table and benches. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pubs 5 mins walk.
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||GBP 247||-||-|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Lake, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 1 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 1 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Private bath
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Accessible , Maid Service Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, River Rafting, Zoo
- Decoration : A lovely whitewashed stone terraced cottage, in a magnificent hillside position overlooking the beautiful Tamar Valley, tucked away on the outskirts of Gunnislake village.
- Disable Facilities : Accessible
- Transportation : Regular City Transport
- Beddings : 1 Queen Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Games : Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 12 Km, Beach : Near Beach, Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions : The small rural village of Gunnislake lies on the steeply wooded banks of the River Tamar. It has village pubs and a small selection of shops. Notably, the village sits at one end of the scenic Tamar Valley Railway - with regular services along the river bank to Plymouth. The area is perfect for exploring Dartmoor, the south and north coast beaches and the attractions of Cornwallâ€™s far west. Close to hand, the Dartmoor town of Tavistock with its pannier market, pubs and restaurants is a must, as well as the popular fishing village of Calstock, renowned for its crafts and festivals, while the Donkey Sanctuary and Cotehele House and Gardens (NT) are just 10 mins away. Enjoy a round of golf at St Mellion (8 miles), explore the restored Victorian mining village at Morwhellam Quay (4 miles), search for otters and deer along the Tamar Valley footpath or take a trip to the beach and picturesque harbour at Looe (25 miles) - thereâ€™s something for everyone. For something really different why not ride the scenic Tamar Valley Railway into Plymouth and spend the day in the fabulous Marine Aquarium or strolling the historic Plymouth Hoe.
Other Views :
Tavistock 5 miles; Plymouth 18 miles.
The small rural village of Gunnislake lies on the steeply wooded banks of the River Tamar. It has village pubs and a small selection of shops. Notably, the village sits at one end of the scenic Tamar Valley Railway - with regular services along the river bank to Plymouth. The area is perfect for exploring Dartmoor, the south and north coast beaches and the attractions of Cornwallâ€™s far west. Close to hand, the Dartmoor town of Tavistock with its pannier market, pubs and restaurants is a must, as well as the popular fishing village of Calstock, renowned for its crafts and festivals, while the Donkey Sanctuary and Cotehele House and Gardens (NT) are just 10 mins away.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 0
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Very Child friendly
- Gunnislake, Cornwall, England
- Available For Pack A & B
England Holiday Rentals, England Accommodations, England Hotels, England Villas, England Bed and Breakfasts, England Beach Rentals, England Vacation Rentals, England Holiday Deals, England Self Catering, England HHoliday Rentals , Cornwall Holiday Rentals, Cornwall Accommodations, Cornwall Hotels, Cornwall Villas, Cornwall Bed and Breakfasts, Cornwall Beach Rentals, Cornwall Vacation Rentals, Cornwall Holiday Deals, Cornwall Self Catering, Cornwall HHoliday Rentals , Gunnislake Holiday Rentals, Gunnislake Accommodations, Gunnislake Hotels, Gunnislake Villas, Gunnislake Bed and Breakfasts, Gunnislake Beach Rentals, Gunnislake Vacation Rentals, Gunnislake Holiday Deals, Gunnislake Self Catering, Gunnislake HHoliday Rentals ,