Guyana Holiday Rentals Rockview, North Rupununi, Guyana
Rock View Lodge is nestled between the Amerindian villages of Annai and Rupertee on the North Rupununi Savannahs of central Guyana, where the foothills of the Pakaraima mountain range meet the tropical rainforest. The Iwokrama International Centre Field Research Station, the Canopy Walkway, the fourteen villages of the indigenous Makushi people, excellent birding locations and other resorts are easily accessible from Rock View. A range of activities and itineraries is provided. Visitors are accommodated in comfortable, well furnished, self-contained suites. We have a Toyota Hilux pickup, a four-wheel drive Bedford truck, horses, bicycles and boats for your transportation needs and requirements. Evenings may be spent in the old family ranch house with a fine art collection, library and good music. All buildings have electricity and running water from a deep well. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with hundreds of palms, fruit and flower trees that enhance the natural beauty of the rolling hills and savannahs, the Rupununi River and wooded mountains nearby. Rock View Lodge is managed by the owner, Colin Edwards, an Englishman who has been closely associated with Guyana since he came here as an agricultural volunteer in 1969. His love for the Guyanese interior, the arts and the people of both Guyana and Brasil may be seen in this unusual lodge and working farm which is both environmentally friendly and has a special relationship with the community development efforts of the surrounding Amerindian villages. The efficient and friendly staff are both members of the family as well as neighbours around Rock View. They are mostly trilingual, speaking a combination of English, Portuguese and their native Makushi language. The Rock View Lodge together with the Village of Surama are featured in “Green Places to Stay”, a U.K. tour guide published by Alastair Sawday, which recommends inspiring places worldwide that are striving to be environmentally and socially responsible. Rooms The two guest houses can take single, twin and triple accommodation in self-contained suites. In addition to this, you can also sleep out in hammocks in the verandahs or camp out in the open. The cokerite palm-thatched traditional round Benab next to the guest houses can also be used to relax in hammocks out of the sun and to hold meetings, workshops and retreats. The Rock View swimming pool with its rocks and boulders, clumps of cacti and succulents is both cool and warm. Rocking gently in the shade of the cashew tree you can relax in a hammock with a refreshing drink and a book after a day picnicking, boating, riding or hiking. Rock View was famous in the past when the only contact with the outside was when the Dakota flight would come in from the coast for supplies of beef, tobacco and peanuts. The Dakota Bar would then come to life with the gossip and political intrigue that, the old timers say, helped to bring about the 1969 Rupununi uprising. Guests can now have a beer, rum and swank, with appetizers, or even a bar-b-q and enjoy darts and dominoes with the villagers in these more peaceful times.
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||USD 150||-||-|
|2||All Season||USD 250||-||-|
|3||All Season||USD 300||-||-|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 4 Guest Rooms
- Bathrooms : 4 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Private Bath
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Accessible , Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Golf, Shopping Center, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, Zoo
- Decoration : Traditionally Decorated
- Disable Facilities : Accessible
- Transportation : Available for rent
- Beddings : 1 Twin Bed, 2 Queen Bed, 1 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 20 km, Beach : Near Beach, Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions :
The Rock View Ranch has its collection of wild and tame animals that have been brought here to be looked after. These pets were mostly brought in by children or members of the community when they found the animals abandoned or motherless and were adopted by us for safekeeping. It is not the practice of Rock View to go out of its way to purchase wild animals and to take them out of their natural habitat, as once the animals are accustomed to being looked after, rarely would they be able to return to nature and be able to fend for themselves successfully. However there are a few cases of some of our animals that were given complete freedom to come and go as they please in which case they would return at meal times or when they felt like it. Below you will find a listing of the animals presently under our care as well as a listing of other animals that guests may find in their natural state around the lodge.
Nature tours will allow the visitor intimate contact with the diverse ecosystems around Rock View, learn more about the delicate balance between the communities and the natural resources and see the plant and animal life through the eyes of the people who have depended on their natural resources for the past centuries.
Community conservation sites - Sponsored by Iwokrama, and managed by the villagers themselves. Examples of this are the Paurine tree conservation project by the village of Rupertee, the Cock of the Rock lekking site by the community of Wowetta and the rainforest camp and nature trail at Aranaputa.
Reference books can be taken into the field for a better understanding of the biological diversity and our guides will do their best to explain the significance of the resources to their daily lives.
- Other Views : Rock View Lodge has become a favourite location for bird watchers from North America and Europe. Exciting bird lists have been prepared for the villages of Annai and Surama as well as for the Canopy Walkway and the Field Station in the Iwokrama Rainforest. Visitors can see for themselves how the distribution of birds varies from savannah to mountain, river and rainforest. Enthusiasts will be able to have the thrill of being able to add to these lists for future visitors and bird lovers.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Very Child Friendly
- Rockview, North Rupununi, Guyana
- Available For Pack A & B
Guyana Holiday Rentals, Guyana Accommodations, Guyana Hotels, Guyana Villas, Guyana Bed and Breakfasts, Guyana Beach Rentals, Guyana Vacation Rentals, Guyana Holiday Deals, Guyana Self Catering, Guyana HHoliday Rentals , North Rupununi Holiday Rentals, North Rupununi Accommodations, North Rupununi Hotels, North Rupununi Villas, North Rupununi Bed and Breakfasts, North Rupununi Beach Rentals, North Rupununi Vacation Rentals, North Rupununi Holiday Deals, North Rupununi Self Catering, North Rupununi HHoliday Rentals , Rockview Holiday Rentals, Rockview Accommodations, Rockview Hotels, Rockview Villas, Rockview Bed and Breakfasts, Rockview Beach Rentals, Rockview Vacation Rentals, Rockview Holiday Deals, Rockview Self Catering, Rockview HHoliday Rentals ,