OPPIE KOPPIE B&B Bethulie, Bethulie, South Africa
- Bed and Breakfast
Personalised Country Hospitality in a 4-Star Graded Establishment
A unique home set in the koppies overlooking the historical town of Bethulie with panoramic views of Lake Gariep, the Orange River Bridge (the longest in Africa) and surrounding country side.
Bethulie is perfectly situated in the middle of South Africa and serves as an ideal stop-over if you are travelling north / south or east / west. If travelling from north to south, it is easily accessible from the N1 and N6 routes and you can take a deserved rest if travelling from Johannesburg to Cape Town, the Garden Route,Port Elizabeth, East London and the Wild Coast. If you are travelling from the east to the west, Bethulie makes an interesting stop-over between Durban and Cape Town. Bethulie is 575km from Johannesburg, 875km from Cape Town, 480km from Port Elizabeth and 440km from East London; 815km from Durban and is 36km from the N1 on the R715 next to LAKE GARIEP, the largest inland water mass in South Africa.
Oppie Koppie is not only a refreshing stop-over if travelling, but why not take the time to sample what attractions Bethulie and the surrounds have to offer:
"Tussen die Riviere" Game Farm (15km from Bethulie) – situated at the confluence of the Orange and Caledon Rivers, the reserve offers game viewing and spectacular bird life.
Gariep Dam Wall – (56km from Bethulie) – a tarred road follows an attractive route along the dam to the wall.
The Orange River Bridge (the Hennie Steyn Bridge) – the longest bridge in South Africa spans 1.2km and carries road and rail traffic between the Free State and the Eastern Cape.
The Pellisier House Museum, the Concentration Camp (3km from Bethulie), and several Monuments and Graves offer interesting historical viewing.
Bethulie Dam – a lovely lake offering fishing and idyllic surrounds (sadly its accommodation facilities are in limbo pending a major up-grade).
THE NIGHT SKY – PROBABLY SEEN MORE CLEARLY FROM BETHULIE THAN FROM ANYWHERE ELSE ON EARTH
Accommodation is offered in 1 family room (a double with 2 singles), 2 tastefully decorated double rooms and 1 room with 2 single beds
All are en-suite with air-conditioners and electric blankets,
All rooms offer LCD TV’s with individual DSTV decoders with full movie and sport channels,
All rooms are accessed privately from the outside so you are free to come and go as you please.
This is a non-smoking establishment (plenty of space on the patio or in the beautiful garden to enjoy a smoke). Children are welcome. Sorry no pets.
Enjoy a full English breakfast in the dining room or on the patio with panoramic views of the surrounding country side. We do not serve dinner but you can meet the locals and enjoy a meal at one of a few restaurants in town just a few minutes away.
the Villa consists of two floors (ground floor and basement) for a total of 300 sqm with adjoining park
/ garden of 4500 square meters
- this is one porch with barbecue, balconies and terrace with life 360 °;
- in total there are 2 rooms with 2 double beds (1 en suite), 2 rooms with total 6 beds (bunk beds), 1 sofa bed for 2 people;
- total 12 beds;
- 3 bathrooms
- 2 kitchens;
- all services;
- an annex of 50 square meters with kitchen, living room and bathroom. The annex is used for parties, ceremonies and events.
|1||My Standard Rate with breakfat||GBP 22||-||-|
|1||My Standard Rate with breakfat||1||-||-|
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Balcony
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Fishing, Lake,
- Bed Rooms : 2 Bedroom
- Bathrooms : 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Shower,hair dryer,towel,Soap,Shampoo
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Attribute : Lake Front, Shopping Center, National Park, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Skiing, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Library, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Zoo
- Decoration : Well Decorated Property
- Transportation : Avialable
- Beddings : 2 Double Bed, 12 Single Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed
- Entertainment : TV, VCR, Satellite TV
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : Near By, Railway : Near by, Bar : Near By, Bus : Near By, Car : Avilable, Restaurant : Near By
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Car, Garage, Garden, Porch, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Childrens are welcome
South Africa Holiday Rentals, South Africa Accommodations, South Africa Hotels, South Africa Villas, South Africa Bed and Breakfasts, South Africa Beach Rentals, South Africa Vacation Rentals, South Africa Holiday Deals, South Africa Self Catering, South Africa HHoliday Rentals , Bethulie Holiday Rentals, Bethulie Accommodations, Bethulie Hotels, Bethulie Villas, Bethulie Bed and Breakfasts, Bethulie Beach Rentals, Bethulie Vacation Rentals, Bethulie Holiday Deals, Bethulie Self Catering, Bethulie HHoliday Rentals , Bethulie Holiday Rentals, Bethulie Accommodations, Bethulie Hotels, Bethulie Villas, Bethulie Bed and Breakfasts, Bethulie Beach Rentals, Bethulie Vacation Rentals, Bethulie Holiday Deals, Bethulie Self Catering, Bethulie HHoliday Rentals ,