Eldsto Art Cafe / Guest House Hvolsvollur, South Iceland, Iceland
- Guest House
The coffee we serve is made of quality coffee beans and our cakes, bread and soups are homemade as well as our various small dishes. Icelandic lamb and fresh fish is on the menu and lettuce grown in the surrounding countryside. Having a delicious breakfast in our lovely café on your way south is an excellent idea. We have a special menu for groups.
Eldstó Guesthouse is a nice litle Hotel or rather a Guesthouse. There are 5 rooms for 2-4 people and two shared bathrooms, each with a shower. A small kitchenette and a sitting room are accessible to guests. Beds are ready made. .
Breakfast baskets are available at the Guesthouse in wintertime,but a breakfast buffet in Eldsto Art Café from 8 am until 10 am in the spring and summertime Note:- Breakfast for childrens younger than 7 year old is free,but half price for children from 7 year until 12 year old.
- 15:00 – 22:00 ( contact Helga if you need to check in early or late )
- Until 11:00
- When you book the fee is taken immediately, but the room can be canceled until two weeks before the stay.
- If you cancel, you will be paid back into your Credit Card.
- If you want to be able to book and pay later, the price will be 10% higher, please contact Helga it you choose that option.
- We accept MasterCard, VISA, PayPal and Cash, but no personal checks accepted.
Eldstó reserves the right to pre-authorize your card prior to arrival.
- All children are welcome.
- Free! All children under 6 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
- Free! One child under 2 years stays free of charge in a child’s cot/crib.
- The maximum number of children’s cots/cribs in a room is 1.
- Any type of extra bed or child’s cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Please notice that no pets are allowed in the rooms.
Contact to the owner.
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Outdoor Backyard
- Shared Swimming Pool
- Shared Hot Tub
Amenities DescriptionThe Swimming Pool is only 500 m away from Eldstó and has both a large 25 m pool, 3 hot Tubs and a steam bath, cost about GBP 3 pr. person. We have free parking behind Eldstó Guesthouse, out side.
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Fishing, Golf, Lake, Mountain, Snow Ski,
- Bed Rooms : 5 Guest Rooms
- Bathrooms : 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Shower,hair dryer,towel,Soap,Shampoo
- Suitability : Child Friendly, No, sorry about that
- Attribute : Golf, Pier, Museums, Sailing, Skiing, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Library, Forests, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, River Rafting
- Decoration : Well Decorated in a Classic Style
- Disable Facilities : No, sorry about that
- Transportation : Bus or a rent a car, we don´t do the servis though. Free parking by Eldstó Guesthouse!
- Beddings : 5 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- Entertainment : TV, Satellite TV
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : A small ariport is near by for little ari crafts, but KEF airport is 140 km away for Eldstó Guesthouse, Golf : There are two golf courses near by Eldstó Guesthouse, Bar : Avilable, Bus : Stops just across the street, Restaurant : Eldstó Art Café is open from May - September
- Other Attractions : South Iceland,Hvolsvöllur,hiking,fishing,golf,waterfalls,glaciers,Iceland,Eyjafjallajökull,Vík
- Other Views : Air Conditioning is not needed in Iceland, but all the houses are heated with hot water from the underground heat, whish we have alot of in Iceland. Eldstó Art Café / Restaurant is open from May - September, to have breakfast, lunch or dinner, or a drink, if the guests want. We only alow cookings in the Eldstó Guesthouse in the wintertime, because it´s to crowded in the high season.
- Outside Attributes : Bike, Garden
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Childrens are welcome
- Hvolsvollur, South Iceland, Iceland
- Owner Website
Thor Sveinsson-ceramig artist studied pottery from 1971 – ’75. Gerhard Schwarz from Germany and Paul Martin from Ireland were his mentors. He was for many years a designer in a company named Glit which was in Reykjavík – Iceland. Thor has taught Pottery in Reykjavik School of Art in 2008 and 2009. He is very skilled at throwing the various forms and it is very inspiring to watch Thor mold the formless clay into teapots, cups, bowls and much more. G.Helga- Ingadóttir singer and ceramic artist has in the past decade learned ceramics under the guidance of her husband, Thor Sveinsson. She took classes in the visual arts in FB-Reykjavík, accompanied by private lessons with Gunnar Geir Kristjánsson, an accomplished painter. G.Helga also designs jewelry. She utilizes materials such as glass, porcelain, silver, leather and so on. Each object is unique and G.Helga tries to create the perfect balance of different shapes and colors. No one thing has the same pattern and the unexpected appears in various forms in her jewelry
Iceland Holiday Rentals, Iceland Accommodations, Iceland Hotels, Iceland Villas, Iceland Bed and Breakfasts, Iceland Beach Rentals, Iceland Vacation Rentals, Iceland Holiday Deals, Iceland Self Catering, Iceland HHoliday Rentals , South Iceland Holiday Rentals, South Iceland Accommodations, South Iceland Hotels, South Iceland Villas, South Iceland Bed and Breakfasts, South Iceland Beach Rentals, South Iceland Vacation Rentals, South Iceland Holiday Deals, South Iceland Self Catering, South Iceland HHoliday Rentals , Hvolsvollur Holiday Rentals, Hvolsvollur Accommodations, Hvolsvollur Hotels, Hvolsvollur Villas, Hvolsvollur Bed and Breakfasts, Hvolsvollur Beach Rentals, Hvolsvollur Vacation Rentals, Hvolsvollur Holiday Deals, Hvolsvollur Self Catering, Hvolsvollur HHoliday Rentals , Children and Extra Beds All children are welcome. Free! All children under 6 years stay free of charge when using existing beds. Free! One child under 2 years stays free of charge in a child’s cot/crib. The maximum number of children’s cots/cribs in a room is 1. Any type of extra bed or child’s cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.